Independent Researcher, Nigeria
*Corresponding author: Ayoade S, Independent Researcher, Nigeria
Submission: June 07, 2021; Published: June 21, 2021
Volume2 Issue1June 2021
Consider the following axioms and statements-
1. There are 4 basic operations of Arithmetic-addition, subtraction, multiplication and division..
2. The addition and multiplication of consecutive integers tends towards infinity, multiplication getting there faster than addition .
3. The division of consecutive integers tends towards zero.
4. The subtraction of consecutive integers tends towards negative infinity .
5. Newton’s third law of motion states that if a body exerts a force on a second body, the second body exerts a force that is equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to the first force. So, for every action there is always an equal and opposite. No force can occur by itself .
6. A parallel universe has been hinted at where time moves backwards unlike in our universe where time moves forwards.
7. I propose that in such a universe what we call addition will be what they call subtraction and vice versa. Consider two men standing opposite each other. Let us call them Mr. A and Mr. B. Mr B’s left is Mr B’s right, and Mr B’s right is Mr B’s left . As infinity is approached, this effect of said universe will become apparent. So, as Mr Ramanujan’s summation proceeded the values obtained began to be impinged upon by that or other parallel universes. To put it simply, as Ramanujan added all positive integers, the integers were simultaneously being subtracted [or negative integers being added] in a parallel universe .
Positive infinity in our universe = Negative infinity on said parallel universe Our + infinity = their - infinity
Now the result of what is going on becomes Negative Infinity .
Let 1 represent infinity, since infinity is not a number.
Plus infinity multiplied by minus infinity = - infinity = -1
8. If this is simultaneously taking place in 12 universes, we get -1/12 i.e., minus one twelfth. This is Ramanujan’s summation .
9. If in other universes, the integers are being divided simultaneously it will lead to zero and have no effect on Ramanujan’s summation. If the integers are being multiplied in another parallel universe it will produce infinity. Infinity plus infinity is infinity, so the result is the same .
10. Does this imply that there are at least 12 parallel earths/ universes? Or at least 12 types/classes/ratios/agglomerations/ clusters/constellations of universes? And can parallel universes explain recurring decimals?
Since the sum of the four basic arithmetic operations is minus one, does Ramanujan’s summation imply that there are at least twelve parallel universes?
© 2021 Ayoade S. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License , which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and build upon your work non-commercially.